When you are a parent, you constantly need to watch out for your children and ensure that they are as healthy as possible. This includes watching the activities that they participate in to make sure they are following safety rules and regulation, giving them the proper rules to follow to be safe outside the home and also to make sure they eat proper and nutritious meals as often as possible. Much of the advice that parents give to children are basically common sense, but other suggestions are needed to keep them healthy. This is especially true of children that suffer from allergies. Parents need to educate their children, and others that are near the child, about the potential dangers that kids face with allergies.
There are many different types of common allergies that can affect children. They range from bothersome allergies to pollen, pets or types of flowers to potentially life threatening allergies such as food allergies. The type of allergy that your children may have can vary from child to child, and even from sibling to sibling. The important thing for parents to understand is that if an allergy is discovered in your child, you need to take steps to ensure that the allergy does not hinder your child's ability to function normally. This can be accomplished by either removing the allergen or make sure that the child and those around them are aware of the allergy.
Below are some helpful information for parents and children to help understand the problems of allergies. We have provided information on different types of allergies, what to look for, how they can be treated along with other links on the topic. We hope this helps you understand the possible problems of allergies in children and how to keep them healthy. Please feel free to visit this resource as often as needed and also pass this along to others who may benefit.
- WebMD Allergy Information - This page offers an overview on the problems of people suffering from allergies.
- Allergy Information - Information and medical advice for people that are troubled with allergies or asthma.
- Allergy - Informative medical resource that talks about the various types of allergies that exist.
- Learning About Allergies - Useful page targeted for kids to help understand about different allergies.
Types of Allergies
- Allergy Symptoms - A page that offers consumers information on what to look for as a potential allergy sufferer.
- Indoor Allergens - Helpful article that provides information on how to determine symptoms on an indoor allergy.
- Allergy Testing - Information about the process to determine whether your child has an allergy.
- Children Allergy Symptoms - This page offers parents information on what to look for in children.
- Treating Allergies - This article gives an overview of how to treat various types of allergies.
- Allergy Relief for Your Child - FDA web page that summarizes the treatment options available for your child with allergies.
- Understanding Food Labels - In this article from the Mayo Clinic you will be provided with insight on reading food labels.
- Allergy Treatments - Useful patient information discussing treatment and other important areas of allergies.
Allergy Education for Children